Homeschool Curricula Resources
Trying to figure out which curriculum to use?
This section is designed to help you wade through the multitude of choices and find curricula and resources that suit your family. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call the HEAV office at 804-278-9200 and ask to speak to a curriculum counselor–we are here to serve you!
So How Do I Pick A Curriculum?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, please start with Curricula Concepts for Homeschoolers. This article will help you sort through curriculum choices and decide what curriculum is best for your family.
New Curricula Resources by Subject
Homeschool Material Sources: Places to Purchase These Great Resources
Adapted from The Virginia Homeschool Manual. Compiled by: Vicki Bentley, Susan Brooks, Janice Campbell, & Rachel Ramey
- AMERICAN HOMESCHOOL PUBLISHINGCarries material for classical education, K-12.
- AUDIO MEMORY
- BEAUTIFUL FEET BOOKS
Publisher of History Through Literature Approach study guides and time lines. Carries D’Aulaire children’s biographies and Genevieve Foster’sWorld titles.
- BLUESTOCKING PRESS
Historical documents, books, music, toys, and tapes. Publisher of the Uncle Eric books.
- CADRON CREEK CHRISTIAN CURRICULUM
A catalog of unit studies such as The Prairie Primer and Further Up and
Further In, as well as other quality resources.
See “Christian Book Distributors.”
- CHARLOTTE MASON RESEARCH COMPANY
Karen and Dean Andreola have revived this gentle approach to education.
P.O. Box 296
Quarryville, PA 17566
- CHILDREN’S BOOKS
Large selection of good “living” books, most discounted.
- CHRIST-CENTERED CURRICULUM FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD
Sells early education curriculum and supplies, including phonics, math, and Bible.
- CHRISTIAN BOOK DISTRIBUTORS (CBD)
Homeschool books and supplies, Christian books, Bibles, music, videos, and software at discounted prices.
- COMMON SENSE PRESS
Carries Learning Language Art Through Literature, Math Sense, and unit study material.
- CORNERSTONE CURRICULUM PROJECT
David Quine’s outstanding music, science, math, and worldview curricula available here.
- CROSS-OVER EDUCATIONAL PRODUCTS
Carries Snapshot Typing & Quick Piano.
- DIANA WARING-HISTORY ALIVE!
History tapes and books to make history come alive, as well as Beyond Survival and Reaping the Harvest.
- DOVER PUBLICATIONS
31 East 2nd Street
Mineola, NY 11501-3852
- EAGLE’S WINGS EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
Building a solid foundation in math, phonics, and science.
- EDUCATION PLUS+
Tapes and materials on child development from a Christian perspective, music evaluation, and Mentoring Your Teen: Charting the Course to Successful Adulthood. Inge Cannon
- ESSENTIAL LEARNING PRODUCTS
- GREENLEAF PRESS
Publisher of the Greenleaf Guides carries a large selection of history and historical fiction books. Interesting catalogue.
- HARCOURT PUBLISHING COMPANY
Carries full line of K-adult educational material.
- HEWITT HOMESCHOOLING RESOURCES
Catalog for hands-on approach with resources not common to other companies. Based on Raymond and Dorothy Moore’s work.
- HIS PUBLISHING COMPANY
Specializes in unit study materials.
P.O. Box 1159
Plymouth, NY 13832
- HOMESCHOOL RESOURCE CENTER Debra Bell, author of The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling, offers articles and a catalog. 717-838-5273
- INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES COMPANY Susan C. Anthony, a former teacher, carries practical resources for almanac usage, encyclopedia, spelling, and math. 907-345-6689
- KEEPERS OF THE FAITH Conservative books, many old books reprinted, and home of Keepers at Home and Contenders for the Faith clubs, which are locally-based Christian children’s groups similar in concept to secular Scouts organizations. 906-663-6881
- LIFETIME BOOKS AND GIFTS The Always Incomplete Catalogue. You’ll find most of the books and tapes listed in this resource section, as well as many more, in this nicely written 391-page catalogue. 305-248-1271
- MOTT MEDIA Carries wonderful biographies, reprints of 19th-century textbooks, and all books written by Dr. Ruth Beechick. 800-421-6645
- NOBLE PUBLISHING ASSOCIATION Books and resources by Gregg Harris and others. Publishes the Homeschool Titles catalogue. 360-258-3119
- NOTGRASS HISTORY History and social studies resources, including Exploring America, Exploring World History, America the Beautiful, and Uncle Sam and You 800-211-8793
- RAINBOW RESOURCE CENTER Large selection of discounted homeschool books, curriculum, and supplies. 888-841-3456
- SCHOLASTIC BOOKS
- SHEKINAH CURRICULUM CELLAR 903-643-2760
- SONLIGHT 303-730-6292
- STANDARD BOOKS Discounts on Aristoplay games. 540-788-1312
- THE SYCAMORE TREE Carries a variety of books and resources. 714-668-1343
- TIMBERDOODLE Unusual and creative selection of homeschool books and supplies, including a wide selection of hands-on materials. 360-426-0672
- TOBIN’S LAB Science resources and more. 540-937-7173
- TRIVIUM PURSUIT The Bluedorns’ site for classical education includes many helpful articles. 309-537-3641
- USBORNE BOOKS Colorful, educational books from Britain. 800-475-4522
- VERITAS PRESS A full-service curriculum provider specializing in classical education. 800-922-5082
- WHOLE HEART MINISTRIES Clay and Sally Clarkson offer their own books and others, chosen to help families be “whole-hearted.” 800-311-2146