Information Collection and Use
What Information We Collect:
- Information provided by you: This may include name, address, phone number, zip code, email address, family members names and ages, and preference information such a username, password, etc. You provide it for the purpose of maintaining an account with HEAV as a member, leader, email subscriber, event attendee, UCS client, transcript purchase, or other account with HEAV.
- Website traffic and usage to create reports based on the server’s log files: Some of the things we track include the number of visitors to a page, downloaded documents, time and length of visit, browser and referrer of the visitor, most-visited pages, and most-used paths through the sites. None of the data collected will be used in conjunction with or related to your personal identity in any way .
How Your Information is Used:
- We use it primarily to provide the product or service you have requested and for internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Your contact information is never shared with advertisers without your permission and you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Periodically, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Third-Party Ads and Processors
HEAV is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This means that HEAV receives a commission on items purchased through our Amazon links. As part of this Relationship, Amazon may also serve content and advertisements, collect information, and place or recognize cookies. See Amazon.com’s Privacy Notice for details.
We utilize MailChimp to send many email communications. If a user wishes to subscribe to our mailing list, we ask for contact information such as name and e–mail address, which is stored within our MailChimp account. You may modify your email preferences or unsubscribe by clicking the “profile” or “unsubscribe” tab at the bottom of every email.
Transcript and UCS Service
In order to provide transcript and Used Curriculum Sale services online, data is stored in a secured online database. HEAV uses reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of all information
We DO NOT sell, rent, give away, or lend your information to be used by anyone other than HEAV and entities acting on behalf of HEAV.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if you no longer desire our service, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct, update or delete/deactivate your personally identifiable information. Alternatively, you may contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
The Home Educators Association of Virginia
2100 W. Laburnum Ave., Suite 108A
Richmond, VA 23227