Advertise With HEAV
Home Educators Association of Virginia offers numerous ways for you to connect with homeschool families in Virginia! Contact Kathleen Lansing at firstname.lastname@example.org 804-469-4111 to learn more or to inquire about discounted packages and sponsorship opportunities. We look forward to working with you to let Virginia homeschoolers know about your product or service!
Printed annually in May one month before the in-person convention
Distributed to approximately 10,000 families and promoted to our 17,000+ newsletter subscribers
The program is distributed to convention attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and graduation participants and their families. Your ad receives an enormous amount of exposure as thousands of convention-goers consult their programs over and over again. The convention is held each year in June.
Artwork Due Date:
Format: Advertisements can be accepted in Adobe® Photoshop® or InDesign® formats, EPS, TIFF, JPEG, and PDF formats. Photoshop®, InDesign®, and EPS formats must include all fonts and associated graphic files, including embedded files.
Submit color ads, including placed graphics, in CMYK format.
Sizes: Please allow a sixteenth inch between edge of ad and beginning of text (except with an eighth-page ad).
Submissions: Ads maybe be submitted via e-mail.
Deadlines: Magazine ads are due by April 5. Program ads are due by April 25.
Convention Welcome Bag
$375 for all 2,500 bags
The first 2,500 families attending the convention receive a “Welcome Bag” at the registration desk. You can send an item of ANY weight or ANY size to be included for less than 14 cents a bag. We also promote our Welcome Bag advertisers in two e-mails that go out our entire mailing list. We send one before the convention, letting them know to look for your item in their bag. Then, after the convention, we send another reminding them to support our advertisers.
Use your creativity and imagination to promote your company! Consider including coupons, fliers, giveaways, catalogs, magazines, pamphlets, CDs, etc. Please contact email@example.com for submission details.
HEAV reserves the right to refuse to include any materials, or to make modifications as necessary.
Back to top
“Blast” your advertisement to more than 11,000 subscribers! We have excellent open and click-through rates.
Only a limited number of spots are sold. Check here for availability, and to reserve a date.
Specs: Please follow these guidelines when submitting e-mail blasts:
- E-mail should be sent as inline, ready-to-go HTML, and should include a subject line.
- Images should have alternates.
- The maximum width is 600 pixels.
- Use inline styles to help formatting remain intact in different e-mail clients.
- HEAV will add a footer or a header to the e-mail.
- Materials are due three weeks prior to run date. You will receive a test for approval prior to the run date.
The Virginia Homeschool Update, a weekly e-newsletter, is sent to more than 11,000 subscribers. Each ad is prominently placed for maximum exposure.
E-mail Banner Ad
Images grab attention! Your banner ad runs the entire width of the newsletter and is placed for maximum visibility
Specs: The ad will consist of a 1080 (w) x 250 (h) JPG or PNG with one link to your website. File size must be under 500k.
Text & Image Ad
The ad will consist of a 300 x 300 JPG, or PNG image; a 35-character bold headline; and 40 words of copy. Please specify a link for the image and indicate which text you will be black and cannot include bold or underlined text, except for hyperlinks, which will be underlined and blue.
Materials are due the Wednesday two weeks prior to the ad’s run date.
Get noticed! Promote your business with an ad in our blog sidebar. We offer rotating sidebar ads on our blog linke with a link directly to your website! Ads must be submitted as a 125 x 125 pixel JPG with a link, or a button with the link encoded. File size must be under 500k.
Average monthly page views (October, 2015): 24,500+
Average Daily Unique Users: 1,827
Sponsorship PackagesThe Annual Virginia Homeschool Convention is a opportunity to impact more than 12,000 convention participants, including our high school graduates. We have several packages that give your company year-round repetitive recognition through HEAV’s quarterly magazine to 14,000 families, weekly e-mail Updates to 11,000+ Virginia homeschooling families and leaders, and individual e-blasts, in addition to personal face-to-face communication and networking at the convention itself! Increase traffic to your booth; draw attention to scholarship opportunities; and stand out from other vendors. Kathleen Lansing would love to discuss package options with you, or help you put together a custom package that will suit your needs and budget. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-469-4111.
- To maintain our compliance with USPS postal regulations for not-for-profit organizations, we cannot accept magazine ads for insurance, travel, or financial offers.
- All advertising must be submitted and paid by the deadline or the ad will not run.
- All advertisements must be proofread prior to submission. HEAV is not responsible for typographical or grammatical errors, and does not provide a proof for ads. It is understood that the files are set up as the advertiser intends and are approved prior to submission to HEAV.
- All ads must conform to the size constraints and specifications listed or HEAV reserves the right to make modifications as necessary. Ads that need to be modified may incur a fee.
- HEAV reserves the right to accept or reject ads without comment.