Legislators & Superintendents

Knowing Whom to Contact

Finding Your Legislators and School Officials

In Virginia, we are blessed to have the freedom to homeschool our children. We have a responsibility to both comply with the law and to keep informed of changes that might threaten the right to homeschool—for us…and for our children.

Finding Your Superintendent

The law requires that you submit your Notice of Intent to your local school superintendent or his designee, or your religious exemption notification to the local school board office.  Below you’ll find the contact information you need.

Since superintendents in larger districts often delegate this responsibility to another staff member, we recommend you call your districts office to verify the correct name and address.

Superintendent & School Board Office Information for Virginia Homeschool Families

Chesterfield County Residents:
Please send your NOI to:
Superintendent of Chesterfield County
c/o Carolyn Owens, Home Instruction Specialist
Chesterfield County Public Schools
13900 Hull Street Road
Midlothian, VA 23112
Phone: 804-639-8628
Fax: 804-739-6237

Virginia Beach Residents ONLY:
Send your NOI and/or testing results to:
Office of Student Leadership
Attn: Jennifer Knight
641 Carriage Hill Road, Suite 200
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone: 757-263-2033
Fax: 757-263-2061
Email: homeinstruction@vbschools.com

Federal Legislature

U.S. Senators

Warner, Mark
459a Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
Contact: warner.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Contact

Kaine, Tim
388 Russell Senate Office Building Washington DC 20510
(202) 224-4024
Contact: www.kaine.senate.gov/contact

U.S. House of Representatives

Contacting Your Federal Legislators