Already a member? Log in to renew your membership or access your benefits.
Password not working? Please reset it to access your account.
PARTNER WITH HEAV
Whether you are a new or retired homeschooler, a veteran of 20 years, or even a grandparent, you are invited to join HEAV to help protect and promote homeschooling freedoms in Virginia.
Choose from several different membership levels:
*Lifetime Membership convention benefits do not include optional add-on events and are in effect as long as HEAV holds a convention.
Membership Provides Great Member Benefits for You
Discounts, teacher I.D. cards, a free classified ad in The Virginia Home Educator magazine, and more are all yours as an HEAV member.
As an HEAV member, you will not only help HEAV meet the ever-increasing needs of Virginia’s homeschoolers, but you will also receive great member benefits, which are expanding all the time. These benefits are our way of saying “thank you” for your support. When you choose a basic, sustaining, or lifetime membership level, you will receive:
- Member letters with special offerings and discounts
- Teacher/membership ID cards. Show yours everywhere you go – many businesses will honor your teacher ID with reduced prices. Here is a list of companies that offer teacher and student discounts.
- Reduced registration rates for HEAV’s Annual State Convention, for HEAV Graduation, and other events
- A FREE classified ad in the Virginia Home Educator magazine ($100 value)
- FREE SAT/ACT Test Prep through E-Knowledge
- A 10% discount on some HEAV resources, including The Virginia Homeschool Manual
- A $15 discount on HSLDA membership
- A 15% discount off the Home Education 101 series
- Specific discounts on Creation Illustrated
* Member benefits are subject to change. Check with our office for the latest offerings.
Why Should I Join HEAV?
Because we must stand together to promote, protect, and support homeschooling throughout Virginia. HEAV depends on the support of its members — we couldn’t do what we do without YOU!
Your Membership Helps Protect Home Education
None of us wants to lose the homeschooling freedoms we fought so hard to obtain. That’s why the Home Educators Association of Virginia has worked tirelessly since 1983 to provide up-to-date information and knowledgeable representation at the General Assembly and with the Department of Education.
Your Membership Helps Promote Home Education
Support from families like yours has kept us going…and growing! According to the Department of Education, the number of homeschooled children has gone from 9.623 in 1994 to 40,386 in 2017!
Your Membership Helps Support Homeschooling Families
HEAV offers a variety of high-quality resources to help parents get started and keep going. HEAV operates from a biblical worldview and encourages and equips parents to teach and train their children at home.
Your membership helps us offer:
- This ever-expanding website, which is a treasure trove of information and encouragement for Virginia homeschool families;
- An improved and expanded FREE quarterly magazine, The Virginia Home Educator;
- A FREE weekly e-newsletter, the Virginia Homeschool Update, filled with the latest announcements, resources, and events available to Virginia homeschoolers;
- Full-time, knowledgeable office staff who are on hand five days a week to answer questions and offer encouragement and advice via phone and e-mail;
- Curriculum counselors with many years of experience who help beginning and veteran homeschool parents wade through the myriad curricula choices to find what’s best for their family;
- A beautiful and functional office space with a resource center and a seminar facility;
- In-house Homeschooling Success Seminars for beginners and veteran homeschoolers on a variety of topics;
- An experienced, full-time lobbyist, bill reader, and legislative advisor, who all work to promote and protect our homeschool freedoms.
- The HEAV Legislative Update, a FREE e-newsletter that covers local, state, and national homeschool issues, legislative information during the General Assembly session, and up-to-date information from the Virginia Department of Education;
- Day at the Capitol, a one-day event where homeschooling families meet their legislators, learn about Virginia’s government, and observe the legislative process at work;
- Various Homeschool Days at different museums throughout the year and at the State Fair each October;
- Seminars and leadership luncheons for local support group leaders;
- The Virginia Homeschool Manual, our 1007-page comprehensive reference on home education in Virginia;
- One of the largest homeschool conventions in the country, a gigantic used-curriculum sale, and a statewide graduation ceremony;
- And more!
Join or Renew Today!
You may join or renew online, or you may download the print form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, you may call to join or renew by phone, with a credit card, at 804-278-9200. Your form and payment may also be mailed to our office at 2100 W. Laburnum Avenue, Suite 108A Richmond, VA 23227.
Thank You For Joining HEAV!
We exist to inform, support, and encourage you as you educate your children at home. We are excited about the future of homeschooling, and will be there with you—growing to meet you where you are. Thank you for partnering with us!