Testing If in Private School

Q. Should I send in test scores if my child is enrolled in a private school for her core classes, and I homeschool her for only one subject?

A. You may or may not have to provide test scores, depending on what you did at the beginning of the school year.

If you filed a Notice of Intent to Homeschool last year, you will need to have your child take the language arts and mathematics sections of a standardized achievement test and send a copy of the results to your division superintendent by August 1.

However, if you enrolled your daughter in a private school and did NOT file a Notice of Intent form, you are not under the homeschool statute, and you are not required to supply test results. Your child would be considered a private school student, and you have an agreement with the private school to teach one or more subjects off campus.

Yvonne Bunn
Director of Homeschool Support and Legislative Affairs

Recent Posts