We welcome your submissions and your willingness to encourage and support the homeschool families of Virginia!
To submit an article, please follow the guidelines below. Articles should be sent to email@example.com.
HEAV does not generally pay for published articles. However, by having your article accepted for publication, you will receive exposure to 14,000 to 20,000 Virginia homeschool families–or more–through our quarterly magazine. The Virginia Home Educator is published quarterly. The magazine is published in print and circulated in an enhanced digital format.
1. Articles can be any length; 500 to 1200 words is preferred.
2. Send your article as a Word document (.doc or .rtf format), or as a plain-text document.
3. Please include a brief biography that includes your company name, website, e-mail contact, address, and phone number. This is a way for our readers to easily contact you about your products and services.
4. Provide a photo, if at all possible.
5. Send the following completed permission with your article:
I, [add your name], give Home Educators Association of Virginia permission to publish this article in the Virginia Home Educator, the HEAV Update, and on the HEAV website (www.heav.org). Unless other arrangements have been made in writing prior to publication, this article is given free of charge with no expectation of compensation.
HEAV reserves the right to refuse any submission for any reason.
Some upcoming themes include:
Home Organization & Time Management
Overcoming Homeschooling Challenges
Educational Styles & Philosophies
Practical Tips (on organization, choosing curriculum, field trips, lessons learned, etc.)
Winter 2018 (Issue 4)—September 15
Spring 2019 (Issue 1)—December 15
Summer 2019 (Issue 2)—March 15
Fall 2019 (Issue 3)—June 15