Financial Aid for Dual Enrolled Students

Q. Can a homeschool student who is dual enrolled in community college receive financial aid?

A. No, a dual-enrolled high school student (a public, private, or homeschooled student who takes some college courses) does not qualify for college financial aid. One of the requirements to receive financial aid is that the recipient must be enrolled in a degree-granting program. 

Dual Enrolled Homeschooler

A homeschooler who is dual enrolled is taking classes as a high school student. Although the student is getting high school credit and transferable college credit for the courses he is taking, he is not yet enrolled in a program leading to a college degree.

Recent Posts