Diploma and Additional Documentation

Q. I’ll be submitting my diploma to fulfill the required proof of eligibility to homeschool. Since my diploma has my maiden name on it, should I also send my marriage certificate to show that I am the person listed on the diploma?

A. The law requires you to show evidence of how you have complied with the homeschool statute. A copy of your high school diploma or higher degree fulfills the requirement for option (i). Even though the name on your diploma is different from your married name, it was your name when you were issued the diploma. The law does not require any additional documentation.

Recent Posts