AP Courses on Transcripts

Q. If I use an Advanced Placement (AP) text, can I call it an AP course and put it on my child’s transcript? A. The term “AP” is trade-marked by the College Board. You can designate a course as “AP” only if it meets the standards of the College Board. According to a spokesman for the College Board, in order to use this term on a transcript, you must submit a syllabus of the course to the College Board for approval. You can find more information at the College Board website. Look for the AP Coordinator’s Manual.
Recent Posts