Children's Program Volunteers
Volunteer for the Convention Children’s Program
Your willingness to serve not only blesses the children, but also their parents.
All volunteers must be at least 13 years old.
They will undergo a screening process and will be expected to
- Attend a volunteer training at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.
- Thursday volunteers: meet from 8:30 a.m.- 9:30 a.m. on Thursday;
- Friday and Saturday volunteers from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- Please attend both trainings if you are volunteering Thursday and Friday or Saturday.
- Follow the instruction received during training; and
- Wear the staff T-shirt provided. Young men will need to wear long pants and young ladies may wear longer skirts or long pants. Remember to choose clothing that will allow you to sit on the floor and participate in activities comfortably and modestly.
All volunteers under the age of 18 must bring a signed Youth Volunteer Release to the volunteer training. All volunteers over the age of 18 must must agree to a background check as part of the screening process. They must also bring a valid driver’s license to the volunteer training.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
No. Children’s Program volunteers, unlike regular convention volunteers, do not need to be registered for the convention. Volunteers who work inside the children’s program room will have full access to the Exhibit Hall during non-program hours.
Yes! We welcome mature teens as volunteers in the Children’s Program. Parents do not need to be registered for the convention, but should make sure the teen is able to get to and from his assignment on time each day.