Children's Program Volunteers
Volunteer for the Convention Children’s Program
Your willingness to serve not only blesses the children but also their parents.
- Do you love working with children?
- Do you have a heart to serve and make a difference?
- Are you looking for a ministry opportunity?
- Do you need service hours?
Children’s Program may be the place for you! Won’t you consider serving alongside us to help watch and care for the children? If you are age 13 or older, come on any or all of the three program days: June 6, 7, & 8.
- Ages 5-12
- Planned Activities
- Theme: Freedom in Faith
- Free lunch for volunteers
- Program T-shirt (must be worn by volunteers)
- Volunteer 1, 2, or all 3 days
Questions? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. If working with children is not your thing, consider volunteering in another area of the convention.
All volunteers must be at least 13 years old.
Volunteers will undergo a screening process and will be expected to
- Attend a volunteer training at the Greater Richmond Convention Center on Thursday morning or evening, depending on volunteer slot (see below for times);
- Follow the instructions received during training; and
- Wear the staff T-shirt provided. Young men will need to wear long pants and young ladies may wear longer skirts or long pants. Remember to choose clothing that will allow you to sit on the floor and participate in activities comfortably and modestly.
All volunteers under the age of 18 must have their parents provide a signed Youth Volunteer Release to the volunteer training. All volunteers over the age of 18 must must agree to a background check as part of the screening process. They must also bring a valid photo ID to the volunteer training.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
No. Children’s Program volunteers, unlike regular convention volunteers, do not need to be registered for the convention. Volunteers who work inside the children’s program room will have full access to the Exhibit Hall during non-program hours.
Yes! We welcome mature teens as volunteers in the Children’s Program. Parents do not need to be registered for the convention, but should make sure the teen is able to get to and from his assignment on time each day.
Most volunteers in the Children’s Program commit to working all day and aren’t available to attend the Used Curriculum Sale. Adult volunteers who assist the Children’s Program during check-in for at least two hours DO qualify to shop early. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving in this way.