REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
2015 Virginia Homeschool Convention
Greater Richmond Convention Center
June 11-13, 2015
The whole family.
It will change your life.
Member families just $59!
Not a member? Join today!
Be Encouraged. Be Equipped. Be Inspired. Renew the Joy.
Be the first to know—join us on the convention Facebook page.
Friday Afternoon Keynote – 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Dinosaurs for Kids and Adults ~ Ken Ham and Buddy Davis
Dinosaurs are probably used more than anything to convince children—and even adults—that the Bible is not true and that you must believe in “millions of years.” Sadly, many people think that the Bible has nothing to do with dinosaurs. However, once you accept the true history of the world as given in the Bible (and particularly the first eleven chapters of the book of Genesis), you can easily understand dinosaurs… and thus, correctly interpret the evidence from the fossils to correctly understand dinosaurs. Evolutionists speak of an “age of dinosaurs” spanning millions of years; in this session, we will talk about the five ages of dinosaurs—but they have nothing to do with millions of years!
Saturday Keynote ̶ 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World ~ Ken Ham
Christian families are struggling in a culture hostile to Christian values, and they increasingly find themselves searching for answers and strategies to be more effective. Parents want their children to have a strong foundation of biblical faith and understanding—especially as they face a disturbing trend of young people leaving home and leaving the Church. Discover how to create an incredible faith legacy in your family!
Many Fantastic Speakers!
- Ken Ham – Answers in Genesis
- Crystal Paine – The Money Saving Mom
- Carol Barnier – CarolBarnier.com
- Rick and Marilyn Boyer The Learning Parent/Character Concepts
- Dr. Lainna Callentine – Sciexperience
- Dianne Craft – Child Diagnostics, Inc.
- Buddy Davis – Answers in Genesis
- Laurie & Marlin Detweiler – Veritas Press
- Kim Kautzer – Writeshop
- Diane Kummer – HSLDA
- Kirk Martin – Celebrate Calm
- Andrew Pudewa – Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Steve and Megan Scheibner – Characterhealth
- Todd Wilson – Family Man
- Many more to come—check back!
Sensational Features and Add-ons–and More!
- NEW! Chocolate with Encouragement (for Moms)*
- NEW! Dads & Donuts: Men on a Mission (for Dads)*
- Shuttle-Bus Service – All Three Days
- Expanded Music Competition
- Science Dissection Lab with Dr. Lainna Callentine*
- “High School Essay Intensive” Writing Clinic with Andrew Pudewa*
- Silent Auction
- The Curriculum Doctors
- Special Buddies Program
- Young Entrepreneurs
- Demonstrations in the Exhibit Hall
- Children’s Program – “The Greatest Inventor”
- More than 140 workshops
- More exhibitors than ever
- A huge Used Curriculum Sale
- Graduation Ceremony
- Chess Championships
*Extra charges apply
A huge thank you to our sponsors who support the 2015 convention and help keep our program costs low for you!
Enjoy the video and slideshow of the 2014 Virginia Homeschool Convention.
Can’t see the slideshow? Click here.
What Others Have Said…
I loved the theme! …Over and over again, God reaffirmed to me about the importance of not just academics, but the heart of my children, and the importance of helping them have a heart for the Lord…. – Leigh
The convention was like a breath of fresh air for me…. – Deborah Hill
…God’s presence was so evident. It was so great being among thousands of believers and like-minded people…. – Monica
I was an elementary teacher and never thought I would homeschool…. Without HEAV’s encouragement, it would be very hard…. – Shawna Nowells