The ceremony, held during the annual convention, is a wonderful way to include family and friends in a special, God-honoring celebration.
One special aspect of the HEAV ceremony is the inclusion of parents in this momentous occasion. Parents will meet their graduate, along with the commencement speaker and the HEAV president, to present the diploma.
Participation is limited because of room capacity, so reserve your spot as soon as registration opens.
Saturday, June 7, 2014, from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
The Greater Richmond Convention Center
403 North 3rd Street (at the corner of Fifth and Broad streets)
Richmond, VA 23219
NEW! Special Graduation Dinner
The Richmond Marriott Hotel is offering an opportunity for you to enjoy a delicious and convenient celebration dinner with your family and friends! Walk right from the ceremony to the dinner table without stepping a foot outside! View the menu and prices HERE.
The Marriott plans to provide this amazing meal especially for HEAV graduates, along with their family and friends, in T-Miller’s Sports Bar & Grill (next to the Marriott lobby). However, if enough people are interested, the Marriott will provide a private banquet room.
2014 Graduation FAQs
- What are the requirements to participate?
- What are the costs to participate?
- What does the diploma look like? Does it look “official”?
- How do I choose an inscription for my diploma?
- Do I have to use the HEAV diploma?
- Do the announcements serve as invitations?
- What does the announcement look like?
- How many guests may I invite to the ceremony?
- Do the graduate and his parents need tickets?
- May we attend convention workshops and access the Exhibit Hall?
- Will the graduates have time to eat and change between the rehearsal and the ceremony?
- If we have items for sale in the Used Curriculum Sale, will we be able to pick up our unsold items?
- May our guests shop in the Exhibit Hall?
- What is the graduate’s bio for?
- What is the graduate’s photo for?
- Where do we get caps and gowns?
- I am not familiar with the proper etiquette for the ceremony, or for addressing and sending graduation invitations or thank-you notes for our graduate’s gifts. Can you offer any help?
- We are looking at future plans, including college, for this graduate or another child; do you have any resources to guide our search?