Home Educators Association of Virginia believes the primary authority and responsibility to educate children lies with the parents, not with the state. And we believe that home education provides the best venue for children to develop those foundational qualities of citizenship that anchor our cherished liberty: personal responsibility, a strong work ethic, academic excellence, leadership ability, respect for authority, independent thinking, and spiritual maturity.
HEAV LIBERTY COUNCIL
The HEAV Liberty Council extends a unique partnership opportunity to those who support the mission, vision, and purpose of HEAV by contributing gifts of $1000 or more a year. By trusting God and working together we can strengthen Virginia families and truly prepare our children for the challenges of the 21st century. Please join the Liberty Council today.
TEACHING OUR CHILDREN TODAY. BUILDING HOPE FOR TOMORROW.
There are two levels of Liberty Council membership–both named after famous homeschoolers: George Mason, the primary author of the Virginia Constitution and the Virginia Declaration of Rights; and James Madison, father of the United States Constitution and the fourth president of the United States.
The George Mason Council members support the mission, vision, and work of HEAV by contributing annual gifts of $1000 or more. Benefits of this leadership council include:
- Recognition as a HEAV Liberty Council member;
- Free HEAV Basic Membership, which includes a classified ad ($100 value), discounts and additional member benefits;
- An invitation to attend a members-only briefing and reception during the Virginia General Assembly session where you’ll hear from elected officials, HEAV and homeschool leaders, and guest speakers on the state of homeschooling in Virginia;
- Free attendance for members and their children at the annual HEAV convention; and quarterly members-only insider information from the HEAV president on HEAV strategy, initiatives, and challenges.
The James Madison Council members support the mission, vision, and work of HEAV by contributing annual gifts of $5,000 or more. Benefits of this leadership council include:
- Recognition as an HEAV LIberty Council member;
- Every benefit included in the George Mason Council, PLUS
- An invitation for you and your spouse to attend a complimentary James Madison Council members-only, private dinner reception that includes a photo opportunity with a featured speaker at the annual Virginia Homeschool Convention in Richmond;
- An invitation to join the HEAV Board and Advisory Board for an after-board-meeting dinner; and
- An invitation to the annual HEAV Leadership Conference, which has been held in the beautiful Colonial Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Conference Center.