Structure & Style for Students Tour
Institute for Excellence in Writing
January 23, 24, and 25, 2020
Grove Avenue Baptist Church,
8701 Ridge Road,
Richmond, VA 23229
AN HEAV-SPONSORED EVENT!
IEW’s SSS Tour
Presented by Andrew Pudewa
Andrew Pudewa is the director of the Institute for Excellence in Writing and a favorite here at HEAV!.Speaking around the world, he addresses issues related to teaching, writing, thinking, spelling, and music with clarity, insight, practical experience, and humor. His seminars for parents, students, and teachers have helped transform many a reluctant writer and have equipped educators with powerful tools to dramatically improve students’ skills.
Although he is a graduate of the Talent Education Institute in Japan and holds a Certificate of Child Brain Development from the Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential in Philadelphia, his best endorsement is from a young Alaskan boy who called him “the funny man with the wonderful words.” He and his wonderful, heroic wife, Robin, have homeschooled their seven children and are now proud grandparents of ten.
- Units 1 & 2: Intro to SSS – Level A (grades 3–5): 8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m. FULL
- Units 1 & 2: Intro to SSS – Level B (grades 6–8): 11 a.m.–1 p.m. FULL
- “Nurturing Competent Communicators” (A FREE EVENT for Parents): 7 a.m.-8:30 p.m. OPEN
* No previous IEW experience presumed; $25 per participant
- SSS Story Writing (grades 3–8+): 8:30 a.m.–11 a.m. A FEW SLOTS LEFT!
- SSS Research (grades 5–10): 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m. A FEW SLOTS LEFT!
- SSS Inventive Writing (grades 5–10): 2:30 p.m.–5 p.m. A FEW SLOTS LEFT!
Text Analysis and College Application Essays 8:30AM–3:30PM
- Open to all students regardless of experience with IEW courses or methodology
- $50 per student; $25 per accompanying adult