Need books and materials for next year? Come shop at the HEAV Used Curriculum Sale. The earlier you register for the convention, the earlier you’ll get to shop! Want an opportunity to turn unneeded homeschooling materials into cash? Sell them here.
On Friday, June 8, early entry to the UCS will be available for volunteers first and then for those who are registered for the convention. The earlier you preregister, the earlier you may shop. When you shop, you will turn in the colored pass you received at registration.
- You may take as long as you need to look and make your selections—your time in the sale is not limited. You do not have to enter at the exact time your pass specifies. Your pass will allow you to enter anytime AFTER THE TIME PRINTED ON IT.
- Shopping is open to ALL attendees beginning at 3 p.m. on Friday.
- Children, strollers, carts, wagons, and purses will be allowed in the UCS. You may bring in EMPTY boxes or bags for carrying books. We usually have some boxes available. Please do not bring in previously purchased items—a package check will be available.
- The use of suitcases in the UCS is discouraged. Should you choose to use a suitcase, you will need to be prepared to show that all compartments are empty upon entering and exiting the sale.
- The quantity and quality of materials in the UCS depends entirely on the materials brought in by the homeschoolers who participate. HEAV is NOT a supplier of these materials. We cannot guarantee what will be available, nor the condition, edition, or usability of materials. Check the materials BEFORE you buy. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
- We accept cash, personal checks (made out to HEAV), or credit cards (VISA and MasterCard).
EARLY SHOPPING NOTES (Friday, June 8)
If you are preregistered for the convention, you will receive a confirmation stating your entrance time to the UCS. Upon arrival at the convention, visit the preregistration table to pick up your convention name tag(s) and UCS pass(es). The entry time is printed on the pass. You MUST bring your pass to shop before the sale opens to the general public at 3 p.m. If you are a volunteer, you must bring your golden “UCS Early Entrance Pass” to shop at 9 a.m. If you are a volunteer and don’t have a pass, please see Jennifer Jessen at the Volunteer Table next to Registration in the main lobby.
|Friday June 8||Saturday June 9|
|7 a.m.||7 a.m.|
|8 a.m.||8 a.m.||DROP-OFF||OPEN SHOPPING
|10 a.m.||SHOPPING FOR
SEE YOUR PASS
FOR EXACT TIME
|11 a.m.||11 a.m.|
|1 p.m.||1 p.m.|
|2 p.m.||2 p.m.||CLOSED
|3 p.m.||DROP-OFF||OPEN SHOPPING FOR
|4:30 p.m.||4:30 p.m.||
GLEANING – 4:30
PICK-UP – 5:30
|5 p.m.||5 p.m.|
|6 p.m.||6 p.m.|
|6:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|7 p.m.||7 p.m.|
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
Remember, anyone volunteering for at least two hours at the convention is eligible to shop early in the UCS. If you volunteer in any area, you will receive a UCS Early Entrance Pass that entitles you to shop at the UCS at 9 a.m. on Friday, June 9. If you are interested in volunteering in the UCS, please fill out the Volunteer Application.
Yes. UCS admission is included with these registration options:
- Full-Convention Registration
- Shopping-Only Pass
|9 a.m. – 10 a.m.||Volunteers-Only Early Entry: The UCS will be available for volunteers who have served, or are scheduled to serve, for a minimum of two hours at the convention. Volunteers must present an Early Entrance Pass to be admitted into the sale.
|10 a.m. – 3 p.m.||Preregistered Shopping Hours: If you preregister but are not a two-hour volunteer, you will receive a colored pass stating the time at which you may begin shopping. The earlier you preregister, the earlier your entrance time will be.
|3 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.||Open Shopping: All registered convention attendees will be admitted to the UCS.
|8 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Open Shopping: All registered convention attendees will be admitted to the UCS.