|Location: 717 General Booth Boulevard, Virginia Beach|
|Date: Friday, January 19, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Cost: Aquarium Only: $18/adult and $12/child (ages two through eighteen); Whales and Wildlife Sea Adventure only: $23/adult and $18/child. Online reservations ONLY for the special rate.|
|Registration: Preregistration: Visit tickets.virginiaaquarium.com.
Call the school programs specialist at (757) 385-0275 with questions. More information is available on the website.
An HEAV-Sponsored Event
Discover the amazing underwater world at the Virginia Aquarium.
Travel on an aquatic journey from the shore to the depths of the Atlantic Ocean and learn about winter visitors to our area through hands-on activities, live animal encounters and interactive programs. You’ll see thousands of animals—representing more than 300 species—displayed in entertaining and educational exhibits.
Learn how the Virginia Aquarium’s staff conserve resources and help to protect animals and their habitats. You will meet with Aquarium staff and participate in hands-on activities to show you how to take action at home!
Families may purchase lunch at the Aquarium Cafe or Theater Snack Stand, or eat lunch at a nearby restaurant.
A complete schedule is available on the homeschool day information sheet.
For more information, visit the website or contact guest services at 757-385-FISH.
The Virginia Aquarium is located in Virginia Beach, VA, just one mile south of the resort area.
From Interstate 64:
- Take I-264 East towards the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, exiting on the Birdneck Road exit (exit number 22).
- Bear right off the exit ramp, merging with Birdneck Rd.
- Continue south until you reach General Booth Blvd.
- Turn left onto General Booth Blvd.
- The Marsh Pavilion is approximately 1/2 mile on the left and the Bay & Ocean Pavilion is 1/2 mile further north on the left. You can start your adventure at either building!