|Location: 6477 South Lee Highway
Natural Bridge, Virginia
|Date: Friday, September 15, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Cost: $15/adult (ages 13 and up); $12/student (ages 6 to 12); free for children aged five and under.|
|Registration: Registration form is coming soon.|
An HEAV-Sponsored Event
Visit this national historic landmark and enjoy an educational experience that is a unique combination of science, history, and nature. Explore the Natural Bridge and the deepest commercial caverns on the East Coast.
Described in 1774 by owner Thomas Jefferson as “nature’s cathedral”, this renowned stone bridge is history’s looking-glass; 20 stories of rock carved by the fingers of nature. Much more than just a day-trip, The Natural Bridge has numerous activities for the whole family:
- Interact with the Monacan Indian Living History exhibit.
- Walk on the Cedar Creek Trail to the saltpeter mine, the Lost River, and the Lace Falls.
- See the “Drama of Creation,” a sound and light show based on the first chapter of Genesis at the bridge shown nightly at dark.
- Spelunk 34 stories of caverns (the deepest on the East Coast)
- Hike the 3-mile Monacan Trail behind the hotel and the 1.5-mile Buck Hill Trail next to the caverns.
- Enjoy a Karst Environment Walk and Talk.
- Gem mining is also available at the caverns for just an additional $4.
Boxed Lunch Special
A specially priced boxed lunch may be ordered in advance. Lunch includes a choice of sandwich, plus chips, cookie, and water. Picnic areas are available at the cavern’s pavilion and wooded area, as well as the Cascade Falls picnic area and the Summerhouse Cafe.
More Information: Registration, payment, and boxed lunch order can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (540) 291-1896, or mailed to
15 Appledore Lane
P.O. Box 87
Natural Bridge, VA 24578
Please make checks payable to Caverns at Natural Bridge.
Questions? See the website, or contact Bob Moore at email@example.com, or 540-458-3741.
Registration Form (coming soon)
From I-81 Southbound:
Take Exit 180A US-11 South (left exit).
Proceed 3.6 miles on Route 11 South until you see the Visitor Center.
Pull into the large parking lot.
From I-81 Northbound:
Take exit 175 US-11 North and proceed 1.6 miles.
At the convergence of Route 11 and Route 130, turn right into Visitor Center parking lot.