|Location: 70 Wert Faulkner Highway 130
Natural Bridge, Virginia
|Date: Saturday, October 15, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Cost: $14/adult; $13/student (ages 7 to 17); $10/child (ages 5 to 6); free for children aged four and under.|
|Registration: Download the registration form here. Deadline extended! Registration and payment are due by October 13. Pay by check or credit card authorization.|
An HEAV-Sponsored Event
Registration and payment deadline is extended! You have until October 13 to register.
Visit this national historic landmark and enjoy an educational experience that is a unique combination of science, history, and nature. Explore the Natural Bridge and the deepest commercial caverns on the East Coast.
Described in 1774 by owner Thomas Jefferson as “nature’s cathedral”, this renowned stone bridge is history’s looking-glass; 20-stories of rock carved by the fingers of nature. Much more than just a day-trip, The Natural Bridge has numerous activities for the whole family:
- Interact with the Monacan Indian Living History exhibit
- Walk on the Cedar Creek Trail to the salt peter mine, the Lost River, and the Lace Falls
- See the “Drama of Creation,” a sound and light show at the bridge shown nightly at dark
- Spelunk 34 stories of caverns (the deepest on the east coast)
- Hike the 3 mile Monacan Trail behind the hotel and the 1.5 Buck Hill Trail next to the caverns.
- Play on Jefferson’s children’s playground on the lower level of the Rockbridge Center
- Gem mining is also available at at the caverns for just an additional $5.
Boxed Lunch Special
A specially priced boxed lunch may be ordered in advance. Lunch includes a choice of sandwich, plus chips, fruit, and water. Picnic areas are available at the cavern’s pavilion and wood area.
More Information: Registration, payment, and boxed lunch order can be e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to (540) 291-1896, or mailed to
15 Appledore Lane
P.O. Box 87
Natural Bridge, VA 24578
Please make checks payable to Virginia Conservation Legacy Fund, Inc.
Questions? See the website, or contact Bob Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 540-291-2121 ext.7841.
From I-81 Southbound:
Take Exit 180A US-11 South (left exit).
Proceed 3.6 miles on Route 11 South until you see the Rockbridge Center.
Pull into the large parking lot.
From I-81 Northbound:
Take exit 175 US-11 North and proceed 1.6 miles.
At convergence of Route 11 and Route 130, turn right into Rockbridge Center parking lot.