AN HEAV-SPONSORED EVENT.
Mount Vernon welcomes homeschooling families to discover the
18th century by exploring the Farm at Mount Vernon!
“On the Farm” from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Watch costumed, historic trades interpreters produce 18th-century goods.
- Learn about George Washington’s innovative farming practices.
- Visit a reconstructed cabin for an enslaved family.
- Meet some of Mount Vernon’s animals.
In the Historic Area:
- Learn about composting and food preservation in the 18th century from 9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Enjoy “Music of the Revolution” on the Bowling Green at select times.
- Young learners can discover experimentation with plants through movement on the Bowling Green at select times.
Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a face covering.
Those who are not vaccinated are required to wear face
coverings indoors and when social distancing is not possible outdoors. This policy applies to both staff and guests.
George Washington’s Mount Vernon is located roughly 15 miles south of Washington, D.C. and 8 miles south of Alexandria, Virginia.
Learn more about driving directions to the estate here.
George Washington’s Mount Vernon
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway
Mount Vernon, VA 22121
Monday, October 18, &Monday, November 1, 2021
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
$14/adult aged 18 and up
$12/student aged 6-17
Children ages 5 and under are free.