AN HEAV-SPONSORED EVENT.
Mount Vernon welcomes homeschooling families to discover the 18th
century by exploring the farm at Mount Vernon!
On the Farm:
- Watch costumed historic trades interpreters produce
- Learn about George Washington’s innovative farming practices
- Visit a reconstructed cabin for an enslaved family
- Meet some of Mount Vernon’s animals
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, access to the Mansion is limited. A limited number of Mansion tours will be available to add on to your order.
- Please note: Mansion tours are NOT included with Homeschool Day admission.
- Social distancing: We ask guests to maintain six feet of social distancing. Signage is placed throughout the estate to remind guests.
- Facial coverings: All guests and staff will be required to wear facial coverings both indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer: We have installed hand sanitizer stations around the estate as well as signage promoting proper hygiene.
- Enhanced cleaning: Mount Vernon’s staff will provide regular enhanced cleaning in high touch areas throughout the day.
Learn more about safety measures on the estate here.
George Washington’s Mount Vernon is located roughly 15 miles south of Washington, D.C. and 8 miles south of Alexandria, Virginia at the
southern end of the George Washington Memorial Parkway.
Learn more about driving directions to the estate here.
George Washington’s Mount Vernon
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway
Mount Vernon, VA 22121
Monday, March 8, 2021 and Tuesday, March 9, 2021
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
$14/Adults aged 18 and up
$12/Students ages 6-17
Children aged 5 and under are free.