AN HEAV-SPONSORED EVENT.
Mount Vernon welcomes homeschooling families to discover the 18th
century by exploring the Farm at Mount Vernon!
Join us for Homeschool Day at Mount Vernon and watch costumed historic trades interpreters produce 18th-century goods, learn about George Washington’s innovative farming practices, visit a reconstructed cabin for an enslaved family, and meet some of Mount Vernon’s animals.
- Please note: Mansion tours are NOT included with Homeschool Day admission.
Additional Homeschool Day Info
- Safety Measures Due to COVID-19:
- Social Distancing: We ask guests to maintain 6-feet of social distancing.
- Signage is placed throughout the estate to remind guests.
- Facial Coverings: All guests and staff will be required to wear facial coverings both indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Hand Sanitizer: We have installed hand sanitizer stations around the estate as well as signage promoting proper hygiene.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Mount Vernon’s staff will provide regular enhanced cleaning in high touch areas throughout the day.
- Learn more about safety measures on the estate: HERE.
George Washington’s Mount Vernon
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway
Mount Vernon, VA 22121
Monday, October 26, 2020 and Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Adults 18 and up: $10
Students ages 6-18: $9
Children 5 and under: FREE
Group Reservations office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-799-8688.