Join us for the experience of a lifetime. Take a 60-minute tour and see rare geologic formations such as box work and stress fractures in the actively growing caverns-all while interpreters cover the earth science and geology of the caverns. Learn about Cave Critters at the start of every caverns tour. Watch a bat house building demonstration, and enjoy gem mining for just $4 per bag!
- Cave tours start every half hours from 9 a.m until 11 a.m. and from 1p.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Learn about Virginia’s Karst environment
- 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.: Learn about meteorology.
- Noon to 1 p.m. Go on a Lantern Tour (maximum 20 people).
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Learn CPR and first aid from Glasgow Rescue Squad
- 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Purchase (for $8) and build a bat house.
Be sure to wear closed toed shoes and a light jacket as the actively growing caverns are cool and may be wet. The caverns are not wheelchair or stroller accessible. The tunnel leading to caverns is 550 feet long while descending 150 feet. There are 85 steps down and back. The total walking is approximately a 1/2 mile.
Natural Bridge Zoo will also
be hosting a homeschool day that same day, at an additional cost of $6 for ages 3-12 and $8 for ages 13 and up.
From I-81 (heading south), take exit 180A (left exit) and proceed 3.4 miles on Route 11 south. The Caverns entrance is on the left.
From I-81 (heading north), take exit 175. Turn right and make a quick left onto Route 11 north. Proceed 1.6 miles. The Caverns entrance is on the right.
Caverns at Natural Bridge
6313 South Lee Hwy.
Natural Bridge VA 24578
Friday, September 20, 2019
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$12 adult (ages 13 and up)
$8 child (ages 6 to 12)
Free for ages 5 and under
Tickets can be purchased at the ticket booth on the day of the event