“Building an Effective Team”
Woodlands Conference Center
March 14 & 15, 2014
HEAV’s Leadership Conference will renew your vision, refresh your spirit, and inspire you with new ideas! What you learn will energize your group! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to meet and hear from Doug Bartsch, homeschool dad and pastor of His Place Family Church in Spring, Texas.
For those who missed Doug’s practical wisdom last time he was here, this is your opportunity to gain a more in-depth understanding of effective leadership principles. Doug shares from his real leadership experience based on great mentors such as Dean Radtke of the Ministry Institute. Doug has a background in accounting and business and has a passion for helping fellow leaders. He will share spiritual insights that can transform your life and your support group!
In addition, there will be highly interactive times together that will give you an opportunity to receive–and give–practical, helpful, nuts-and-bolts information. Whether you are struggling in your leadership role, or have it all under control, you can bring your challenges–and your wisdom–to share!
“There are so many things that I liked! There were seasoned leaders there who came to the table with tons of experience, and also new people who put a fresh spin on things.”
“The format encouraged leaders to share what has worked for them. I came away with many ideas to implement in our group.”
“Walked away feeling recharged with great ideas! Loved the little gifts…great ideas!”
“I cannot wait until the next one. Both my husband and I enjoyed it tremendously! Everything was wonderful!”
- Preparing for a Winning Team – To build a winning team, we must prepare for that team. This session will give you the tools to know who to ask to be on your team, define expectations and establish a healthy team culture.
- Leading Your Winning Team – Parts 1 & 2 – To lead your team to success it is important to learn the skills and systems that work. You’ll understand the communications process and specific skills to effectively lead your team. Sometimes leadership requires tough conversations. In this session, you’ll learn how to establish honesty and confront in a way that builds your team.
- Plus Fast-Paced “For Leaders…By Leaders” Sessions that get to the heart of the issues important to you!
The conference will begin at 5 p.m. Friday afternoon at the Woodlands Conference Center with Doug Bartsch, who will present the first session, “Preparing for a Winning Team.” This foundational session will help you know how to recruit team members, then coach, teach, and train a great team.
Afterwards, guests are invited for dinner at the Williamsburg home of HEAV president Anne Miller and her husband, Jeff, followed by an evening of fun, fellowship, and encouragement.
Sessions will continue the next morning at 8:30 a.m. at the Conference Center and end at 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon. Conference registration fees include the Woodlands Hotel room and taxes, all meals, and all conference materials.
Don’t miss this opportunity to get the help you need by developing your team!
The registration deadline is Friday, February 14, 2014.
Gracious (and generous!) sponsorships have helped us keep the costs low. The entire retreat cost is included in one low price.
- 1 adult with 3 roommates – $85 each
- 1 adult with 2 roommates – $100 each
- 1 adult with 1 roommate – $120 each
- 1 adult with a private room – $170
- married couple – $230
- Lovely accommodations at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel
- Elegant dinner at the Williamsburg home of HEAV’s president
- Continental breakfast (for hotel guests)
- Fabulous catered lunch
- Notebook filled with resources and helpful leadership information
- Fun surprises, gifts, door prizes, and more!
Bring the Whole Family
Additional hotel nights at the $111 rate are available, as are $18 discounted tickets to Colonial Williamsburg. (A ticket is not necessary to walk around Colonial Williamsburg and enjoy the beautiful fall foliage.)
Don’t Need a Room?
Commuter rates are only $70. (Commuter rates are designed for those who wish to drive in on Friday and Saturday.)
Register online, or call the office at 804-278-9200 Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. If anyone in your group contributes money towards your registration, you will receive a refund for that amount.
The registration deadline is Friday, February 14!
Not a Leader?
Send Your Leader–or Even Your Leadership Team–to the Leadership Training Retreat!
If so, get together with your other support-group families and send your leader or leadership team to the Leadership Training Retreat in Williamsburg! Your leaders, moderators, coordinators, or board members will come home renewed, refreshed, and strengthened in their role of serving the families in your group.