Motivate your child through heart-based parenting.
October 28, 2017
If you’re like most parents, your child’s behavior—or misbehavior—captures your attention right away. You can read any number of books full of strategies and behavior-modification techniques to get them to behave the way you want.
But the truth lies much deeper than that. This three-session seminar with Joanne Miller and Scott Turansky shows you how to reach your child’s heart to teach, to train, and to build with your child that genuine relationship you desire.
Relevant and Hopeful
Whether your child is outwardly obedient or in the midst of rebellion, just testing the waters or exhibiting behavior problems, you’ll come away a better parent, equipped with the tools and the hope you need to reach the heart of your child.
Common Problems = Extraordinary Opportunities
- How Parents Guide Their Children to Change Patterns of Behavior
- How Moral and Spiritual Development Work out Practically to Teach Kids Initiative
- How to Get Your Kids to See What Needs to be Done and Do It Without Being Asked
Meet the Speakers!
Cofounders of the National Center for Biblical Parenting and Biblical Parenting University, Dr. Turanksy and Mrs. Miller have been team-teaching for more than 20 years. Their dynamic presentation and refreshing, heart-based material is practical, biblical, and hopeful.
|Joanne Miller, RN, BSN, holds a bachelor of science degree in nursing from William Paterson College in New Jersey.
She has served as a pediatric nurse for over 25 years. Joanne is married to Ed and they have two grown sons.
|Dr. Scott Turansky holds two masters degrees from Western Conservative Baptist Seminary and a doctorate from Fuller Theological Seminary.
He’s married to Carrie and has five children and four grandchildren. Scott has been a pastor for over 30 years.
HEAV Members: $25/person or $35/married couple; $5/child*
Nonmembers: $30/person or $40/married couple; $5/child*
Optional lunch, provided by Panera Bread, is $10 each.
*No childcare is available. Nursing babies are always free.
Registration Is Open!
You must log in to register. Don’t know your password? Click the “forgot password” link to have it reset.
Cancellations: Cancellations are permitted until the October 23, minus a $7 cancellation fee.
- 9 a.m. – Introductions & Announcements l Session One: How Parents Guide Their Children to Change Patterns of Behavior
- 10:15 a.m. – Break
- 10:30 a.m. – Session Two: How Moral and Spiritual Development Work Out Practically to Teach Kids Initiative
- Noon – Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. – Session Three: How to Get Your Kids to See What Needs to be Done and Do It Without Being Asked
- 2 p.m. – Final Thoughts l Prayer
Location & Directions
Choice Baptist Church
16 Burton Loop