Save the date and sign up below to get the latest convention news!
LEARN from more than 120 workshops on educational and enrichment topics. Speakers include
- Dr. Tedd Tripp (Shepherding a Child’s Heart),
- Astrophysicist Jason Lisle (The Ultimate Proof of Creation),
- Hal & Melanie Young (Raising Real Men),
- Amanda Bennett (Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett),
- Mike Snavely (Mission: Imperative!),
- Catherine Millard (The Rewriting of America’s History),
- Crystal Paine (Money Saving Mom),
- And others! Check back for updates!
EXPLORE more than 310 booths of resources and a giant used curriculum sale. Find a wide variety of books, curricula, DVDs, puzzles, educational games, Christian enrichment materials, & more!
ATTEND FREE how-to-begin-homeschooling workshops.
THREE DAYS THAT CAN CHANGE THE LIFE OF YOUR FAMILY! Qualifying parents of preschoolers attend the entire event for FREE! (See details.)
2012 Keynote Speaker
Dr. Tedd Tripp
Don’t miss hearing Dr. Tripp, author of the popular child-rearing book, Shepherding a Child’s Heart, Shepherding a Child’s Heart Parent’s Handbook and co-author with Margy of Instructing a Child’s Heart! His books, video, and audio materials are used throughout the world–and after hearing him, you’ll know why!
Special Convention Features
Crystal Creek Media’s Film Camp
Interested in filmmaking, but don’t know where to start? In this two-day workshop, students will learn the basics of scriptwriting, acting, storyboarding, film shooting, and editing a motion picture, plus tips on winning your audience, and staying true to your principles in a world-influenced medium!
Transcript Boot Camp
Do you have a junior or senior high school student at home, or are you just beginning the high school years? Don’t miss this rare opportunity to attend Inge Cannon’s Transcript Boot Camp, an engaging seminar designed to help you prepare your child for graduation.
FEEDBACK FROM THOSE WHO ATTENDED PREVIOUS CONVENTIONS...
“The HEAV convention is the event of the year for me.” – Cynthia
“HEAV is my breath of much-needed fresh air every year.” – Shannon Beddo
“This convention is always a lifeline for me…I don’t know that I would still be homeschooling today without it.” – Kristen Rhoades
“What a TREMENDOUS event – tons of people, tons of vendors, TONS of information!!” – Julie
“I travelled from London, England, to attend and from the sessions on Thursday alone (starting to homeschool), I already thought it was worthwhile. However, the additional days and keynote speakers were absolutely wonderful!” – First-Time Attendee
VIEW PAST CONVENTION PHOTOS!
- 2011 Virginia Homeschool Convention Photos
- 2010 Virginia Homeschool Convention Photos
- 2009 Virginia Homeschool Convention Photos
- 2008 Virginia Homeschool Convention Photos
- 2007 Virginia Homeschool Convention Photos
INTERESTED IN SPEAKING/EXHIBITING?
Missed the convention? Get the recordings!