BEFORE THE SALE
Step One: Create an Account
Create your account using the online barcoding system. Online instructions will guide you through the process.
- Print your master sheet(s) first and double-check all entries against the master(s) before printing your labels.
- Paper/Ink/Printer requirements:
- Paper – White paper only.
- Ink – Ink should be all black. (Set printer to print in black and white or in grayscale.)
- Printer – Laser is preferred; if inkjet is used, set quality to “Best/High.”
- Print your labels only when you are sure you have all your data entered correctly.
- If you need to modify or remove an item from the list, make the correction on the barcoding site, not by hand on the label or master sheet. Be sure to discard any previously printed labels for that item. Not following these procedures may result in errors which can reduce your total profit.
- Each label will print in duplicate, giving you two labels for each item: one label for the outside cover and a duplicate for the inside. The inside label serves as an extra precaution to assure we will be able to locate your items should the outside label become compromised in any way.
- Cut labels and tape securely to your items. HEAV is not responsible for lost items. Improperly labeled materials CANNOT be accepted for the sale.
- If you choose to use self-adhesive labels, please place the outside label on the back of the item so as not to mar the cover. Do not cover any descriptive information that will assist the customer when evaluating your item for purchase.
- Special Instructions for Items to Be Sold as a Set:
NEW! Item-Condition Grading System When you enter your sets on the barcoding site, you will now select a description of the condition of the contained items. The condition of the set, as determined by you, will be printed on the label for potential buyers to see–a “win-win” for both sellers and shoppers!
To ensure that items in a set do not become separate from the set and lost, please take these additional precautions:
- Make multiple copies of the labels and place one on each of the books to be boxed in the set.
- Tape up the box securely so that books cannot be removed.
- Tape a detailed list of all contents on the outside of the box along with a label, so shoppers will know exactly what is in the box.
- Print Save-Time Waiver form (optional).
Step Three: Packing Instructions
Pack your items together by presorting them according to grade/subject or by category so that we can quickly get them on to the correct tables. Items that are not presorted will not be distributed to the sales tables as quickly as those that have been. Packing Instructions UCS (1272)
DURING THE SALE
1. Drop off items for sale, stapled master sheet(s), and Save-Time Waiver at the UCS Hall during one of the drop-off times listed below. NEW this year! You will no longer need to bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope. To expedite your proceeds check to you, your check will be mailed in an HEAV window envelope. We will deduct $1 from your total sales to cover the cost of this service.
|Friday June 10||Saturday June 11|
|7 a.m.||7 a.m.|
|8 a.m.||8 a.m.||DROP-OFF||OPEN SHOPPING
|10 a.m.||SHOPPING FOR
SEE YOUR PASS
FOR EXACT TIME
|11 a.m.||11 a.m.|
|1 p.m.||1 p.m.|
|2 p.m.||2 p.m.||CLOSED
|3 p.m.||DROP-OFF||OPEN SHOPPING FOR
|4:30 p.m.||4:30 p.m.||PICK-UP &
|5 p.m.||5 p.m.|
|6 p.m.||6 p.m.|
|6:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|7 p.m.||7 p.m.|
If you plan to pick up your unsold materials, you must do so at one of the stated times. Materials are not available for pick-up after 6:30 p.m. on Saturday. Any unclaimed materials become the property of HEAV and will be distributed immediately after the convention. We do not have storage space for items that are left. If you have an emergency, please contact Richie or Christie Underhill in the UCS Hall.
1. Please allow 6-8 weeks for your check to arrive.
2. As a seller, you receive 75% of your total sales (HEAV receives 25%).Click here for map of our location (1250)
Thursday 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Friday 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Thursday 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.