When things don’t go as planned, when no one can seem to focus on their spelling, when the kids (and you) need a day off, what can you do? A day away from the lesson plan doesn’t have to mean learning is over. Come learn lots of ideas for an atypical day that is fun, memorable, and packed with learning. Also find out why having such days is not a crisis, and may in fact be good medicine.
Do you have a child who is doubting his faith? Or perhaps a daughter who has rejected your beliefs completely? Are you convinced you’ve failed…and the state of this child’s heart is weighing heavily on you and your spouse? Come and listen to Carol share her own journey away from and back to her faith after 13 years as an atheist. She’ll share thoughts and views from inside the mind of a lost child. You’ll learn the best thing you can do for this child and for yourself. Come and find an understanding heart that hurts and rejoices along with your own.
- Stop the whining, complaining, and tantrums.
- Get kids to listen when they are loud in the car or interrupt on the phone.
- Teach kids to control their own behavior (self-discipline) so you don’t have to “make them” behave.
- why manners are important
- the art of the first impressions
- the hidden communication of body language
- tips for teaching manners to your children.
Come and contemplate the underestimated value of simple copywork, discover the power of text reconstruction, experience the delight of author imitation, and learn the surprising relationship between text analysis and creativity.
As a pilot for American Airlines, Steve was very close to the events of September 11, 2001. Originally scheduled to be the First Officer on Flight 11, the first plane to hit the World Trade Center, Steve knows first-hand what it means to have someone die in his place—not once, but twice. His powerful and moving testimony of God’s provision will stimulate your church or organization to examine their own lives in light of eternity. Steve’s message—entitled “Are You a Someday Saint or a Borrowed Time Believer?”—will motivate believers to a life of purpose and will challenge non-believers to recognize their need for the Savior. Steve’s story has been viewed by more than 2 million on YouTube, and his wife’s book, In My Seat, has sold 10,000 copies in just 12 months. Don’t miss this inspiring and powerful testimony of God’s goodness.
Recognizing that a healthy marriage is the basis of a healthy home, this marriage session is a fun and fruitful way to invest in your entire family. Steve and Megan teach from their book The Eight Rules Of Communication For Successful Marriages and finish the session with a fun-loving look at marriage and F-R-I-E-N-D-S-H-I-P. Practical advice in a guilt-free environment make the teaching real and applicable to all those in attendance.
- Building A Family Legacy
- Earning The Right To Be Heard
- The Restoration Model
- … and more.
Our culture tells teens that they are still children, but the Word of God and history show us otherwise. Why wait until you are 18 or 22 or even 25 and done with your education to start doing things that matter? Ready to be an adult? There is no reason teens can’t begin to impact their world just as young adults have done throughout history. Come get real-life examples and lots of ideas to help you resist the low expectations our society has of your generation and to do real things for God and your world.
2015 Workshops by Track – Coming Soon!
Not sure which workshops to choose first?
Walking into the convention for the first time can be overwhelming–the choices are vast! Be sure to look for these interest tracks noted on the Schedule-at-a-Glance (This is just a sampling of what’s available.)
- Morse Code for Increased Working Memory and Increased Focus on Auditory Memory – Kristin Barbour
- A Prodigal Speaks Out – Carol Barnier
- The Extraordinary Odyssey: An Expedition Through The Human Body – Dr. Lainna Callentine
- Photographic Memory – Dianne Craft
- Successful Home Businesses for Kids – Gregg Harris
- Math from a Biblical Worldview – Katherine Loop
- Revealing Algebra – Katherine Loop
- You’re Not the Boss of Me!” Motivate Strong-Willed Children – Barb Mouring
- Beyond Beautiful Girlhood – Shelly Noonan
- Manners Matter – Shelly Noonan
- In My Seat Event: Steve’s 9/11 Testimony – Steve Scheibner
- Raising Dangerous Sons in a Safe and Mediocre World – Todd Wilson
- Choose the Hard Things or How to Keep Going When You Feel Like Giving Up – Todd Wilson
- Taming the Technobeast: Parenting in the Internet Age – Todd Wilson
- Checks & Balances: Teaching Children to Handle Money Better than the Government Does – Hal Young
- Ballistic Home schooling – Hal Young
- Doing Real Things for Teens and Their Families – Hal and Melanie Young
- Explosive Joy: Reclaiming the Wonder of God through Art
- How to Integrate Art into My Already Busy Day
- Master classes: vocal, piano, and instrumental
- Photography Team*
- The Two Pillars of Music Learning: Hearing and Reading
- The Biblical Case for Home-Based Education in Music and the Creative Arts