Posted on Aug 8 2013 in Events by admin
Homeschool Days at Colonial Days
Location: 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, Virginia. Historic Mount Vernon is located 16 miles south of Washington, D.C., and 8 miles south of Old Town, Alexandria, on the banks of the Potomac River. Get directions here.
Date: Friday and Saturday, November 1-2, 2013, from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Cost: Special rates for homeschooling families: $8 for homeschooled students (ages 6-18); $10 for adults; free for children 5 and under.
Registration: Advanced ticket purchase is recommended at www.MountVernon.org/Homeschool.
Description: Experience 18th-century plantation life during this special student program!
- Meet people from George Washington’s world.
- Learn about George Washington’s innovative farming practices.
- Watch costumed interpreters produce 18th-century goods.
- Visit a reconstructed slave cabin.
- Play colonial games.
- See animals like horses, mules, sheep, and oxen.
- Tour Washington’s Mansion.
- Participate in a special ceremony at Washington’s Tomb.
- Visit our state-of-the-art Museum and Education Center.
Additional Information: Allow at least two hours. As this is an outdoor event, please dress appropriately for all weather possibilities. Water bottles are welcomed on the estate, but other food and beverages are prohibited. Please contact the Reservations Office for more information about on-site dining options. Seating in and immediately outside of the Food Court is reserved for groups or guests who purchase their lunch on site.
For more information, visit www.MountVernon.org/Homeschool.