Posted on Sep 27 2012 in Events by admin
Homeschool associations, groups, and co-ops can enroll in the Scripps National Spelling Bee just like any other type of school. The materials and enrollment fee is the same, too: $115 per group.
Check with your local homeschool group to see if it is enrolled, or interested in enrolling.
If you don’t have a local homeschool group, or your local group isn’t enrolled, your child can still participate! Individual families can enroll for a fee of $89. Fill out the online service request form to inquire about enrollment in your area. (This is only for inquiry. It does not enroll your group or child, and does not guarantee enrollment.)
There are actually several bees throughout the state, and each of those bees will send a winner to the Scripps National Bee in National Harbor, Maryland in May 2013.
Schools or homeschool groups enrolled in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee program will receive
- a user name and password for the teachers-only area of spellingbee.com;
- grade-specific word lists and study lists for students in grades 1–8;
- study materials for your school spelling champion;
- the 2013 Classroom Pronouncer Guide;
- the 2013 School Pronouncer Guide;
- materials to conduct a Great American SpellCheck fund-raiser;
- award certificates; and
- key information about your local spelling bee program.
- From Encyclopædia Britannica, you’ll get a free, one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $69.95 value) to use as a prize in your spelling bee program.
- From Middlebury Interactive, you’ll get a free PowerspeaK12 foreign language course (a $100-$165 value) to use as a prize in your spelling bee program.
Early Enrollment Bonus:
- Schools that enroll on or before September 30, 2012, will receive TWO, free one-year subscriptions to Britannica Online for Kids (a $139 value) to award to two participants in the school’s spelling bee program.
To enroll, or to get more information, visit http://www.spellingbee.com/enrollment