Q. We are moving out of state in early spring. Do I still need to test my children and submit anything to the county, or do I just move and notify my new state?

If you are living in a state other than Virginia prior to August 1, the law does not require you to test and submit your homeschool test scores to Virginia. When ready to move, some, as a courtesy, will notify their superintendent they are moving to another state, but they need not submit a Notice of Intent. This can be done by phone or letter.

Homeschool laws differ in each state, so when you have established another residence in a new state, you will comply with their homeschool laws.