1. Many families educate their developmentally delayed children at home very effectively.
2. Home education provides a safe, nurturing atmosphere which has been proven to enhance learning.
3. One-on-one instruction is natural in a home environment and is often mandatory when a child has special difficulties.
4. Individualized learning is easy to provide in a family setting.
5. Life skills are taught as a natural part of home education.
6. Physical activity is easy to incorporate into a homeschool day by taking breaks and walks as needed, or visiting parks and recreation centers for intensive activity.
7. Resources such as special curricula, consultants, and therapists are increasingly available for parents with challenged children.
8. If your child is a part of an active family, siblings can contribute tutoring and stimulation.