Special-Needs Homeschool Resources
- Basic Info for Virginia Homeschoolers
- Homeschooling Special-Needs Children
- Strategies for Teaching Children with Learning Disabilities
- Homeschooling Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing Children
- Homeschooling Blind or Vision-Impaired Children
- Advantages of Home Teaching Children with Developmental Deficit
- Questions and Answers Concerning Special Needs, OT, PT, and Speech Services
- Counseling, Testing, and Tutoring Resources
- Homeschoolers Take Special-Needs Case to Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Kick Off Your Running Shoes! - Cathy Steere
- Homeschooling Children with Learning Disabilities - Kathy Kuhl
- Four Misconceptions about Homeschooling Struggling Learners – Kathy Kuhl
NATHHAN’s (National Challenged Homeschoolers Associated Network) purpose is to encourage homeschooling families with special-needs children, in ways that glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and to find Christian homes for children with special needs.
An inspiring book by Cathy Steere.
An online guide by Julie Knapp.
A site featuring various resources expressly designed to help parents of children with special needs. Put together by Judi Munday, author of the special-needs section in the Virginia Homeschool Manual.
An institute that seeks to help all children reach their full potential while recognizing that parents are a child’s best teacher. They have programs and resources developed for children with autism and brain injuries.
A blog, resources, product reviews, and more from a long-time homeschool company.
See this index by article title for a few dozen articles about “learning disabilities.” Written by parents and “professionals,” the articles vary greatly in length. Topics include learning without complex plans and handling significant handicaps. You’ll be encouraged.
This index by subject includes hundreds of articles covering everything from allergies and adoption to toilet training and vision therapy.
Note: Product links go to the HEAV store or to Amazon.com. HEAV is an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a commission on items purchased through these Amazon links.